Fernando de Melo
Fernando de Melo & Scott Lescak
Session Synopsis: Risk Assessment - Interactive Discussion
This interactive discussion will address:
- The hierarchy of controls and identifying an example of that control in your existing workplace
- Identifying input factors within a risk register
- Evaluating a task/hazard within your sector
- Conducting a pre-risk assessment for that task
- Evaluating the residual risk factors
- Determining the priorities for controls
Fernando de Melo Biography
With over 25 years' experience as a safety professional and a real passion for working with people, Fernando founded Pacific Safety in 2008. His vision was to attract like-minded, high performing safety professionals who shared his passion and want to help reducing risk, eliminating harm, and increasing wellness in the workplace.
Scott Lescak Biography
Scott is a health, safety, and environmental professional, and senior advisor with Pacific Safety. Scott has over 15 years of working experience in health and safety. He has implemented and worked with quality, environmental, and H&S management systems in the manufacturing, waste management, mining, construction, and aviation industries in the UK, U.S and Canada. His understanding of management systems has allowed him to gain a solid insight into the importance of performance management from floor to board levels. He achieved a NEBOSH certificate in Health and Safety in Scotland and a certificate of Environmental Practice in Canada.